Saturday, May 19, 2012

Update, I guess.../rambling

So, I've been busy as of late. Work, my daughter, the fact that I spend over 3 hours getting to and from work, girlfriend, etc. I have been working slowly on my Cult of Destruction and I'll post some pictures at the end here. Other than that, I'm trying to compose a list of all the different projects I either have started, or want to start in the coming months. Right now the list looks something like this:

- Cult of Destruction
- Doomsday Device 1
- Doomsday Device 2
- Plague Tower of Nurgle
- Abbadon Conversion
- Nurgle Deamon Prince Conversion
- Deamon Prince
- Hordes Warband (yes I play Hordes, you mad bro?)
- Re-painting my Orks (counts as 'Zerkers)

Yeah, I'll just stop it right there, cause I could go on, and on, and on. Yeah you get the point. Then there's the fact that 6th ed is right around the corner, along with a supposed new CSM dex. Now from what I've heard about the new dex, it seems pretty cool. I mean Cultists for troops? Yes please. Then there's this Dragon, and a new beast that's like a Khorne Juggernaught on steroids apparently, oh and close combat Oblits? I have no idea what to expect, and thus not really any idea on what to really work on. And, I wouldn't be surprised if alot of people are loosing some motivation with the idea of 6th.

From all the rumors postin' up all around the internets seems like the game of Warhammer 40k as we know it, and have known it for about 3 of the past 5 editions, is gonna change. Of course with new rules sets things change, it is inevitable. Yet these rules are a, well, too drastic. This isn't like the change from 4th to 5th, where really the only thing that changed was the shooting phase.Things like cover, terrain, pistols, etc. But nothing too bad really.

Now I understand that these are all rumors. So all of my opinions may be based completely on a falasey. But lets say that they are changing everything that they are, then what? How many of you wanna assault after deep striking? Everyone does, but really think abou the game. Oh well looks like Blood Angels just became king.Oh and random charge ranges?...why? Where the hell does that make any sense?

So I guess until then, when 6th drops that is, I'll simply be putting together some of these models and bidding my time. I'm also gonna get in on all the biomorph action as some of my friends and I are gonna be working with that. If you don't know what biomorph is, check it out over on 3++. It's basicly pathfinder, but with 40k.

So, yeah... here's the one oblit that I've been working on, and should have done by the end of the weekend, enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment