Sunday, May 6, 2012

Death Throes...or Throwback?



So with the end of 5th edition in the next few months (about 2) I've completely given up caring about the games that I play. So this past week I only played one game of 40k, didn't care whatsoever about it, and lost. Now I hate it when people blame the result of the game based on dice rolls, but this game was total BS. Abaddon rolled two or three 1's in three seperate assault phases, oh yeah and then had to take a fearless save with one wound left and guess what??...a frickin' 1. At that point I just said good game and packed my crap. Anyways, what I want to talk about is the idea of a throwback.

Now my friend Joe, who I played this game against, talked with me later on that night and we came up with an idea. Especially since 6th is just around the corner and both our dex's are outdated (he plays 'Nids) why not play the codexes we really like? So next thursday we have agreed to play as many 4th edition games with our respective 4th edition codexes as possible. Now half the fun in this is that most of our gaming buddies' heads will potentially explode when they find this out. We figure one might just curl up and start crying cause he can't wrap his head around this idea.

For me I get to use one of two codexes, either the current CSM dex since it is technically a 4th edition book, or the 3.5 one. Well the 3.5 CSM dex has to be the coolest codex ever, so yeah that's the one I'm going with. For those who have never seen or read it, please do so. My plan right now is to run Alpha Legion cause, well, everything infiltrates. Now I know this might not be good against 'Nids, but idc, this is gonna be hilarious. So, here's what I'm running:

Sorcerer Lord with Familiar, Talisman, Gift of Chaos, Mass Mutation, Focus, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Twin Lightning Claws, Infiltrate, Furious Charge - 175

Bloodthirster - 205

3x 20 "Assassins" Cultists, Frag, Champion with Power Weapon, Mark of Chaos Undivided - 325

2x Chaos Space Marines with Infiltrate, Frag, Furious Charge, Flamer, Mark of Chaos Undivided, Champion with Power Fist - 688

6x Bloodletters

10 Havocs with 4 Flamers, Infiltrate, Mark of Chaos Undivided - 200

Total: 1749

Now I can't remember all the rules, but I don't think this list will do too bad. Everything Infiltrates and has at least one flamer so they can lay down extra wounds before they charge, in which case everything has Furious Charge. The only 2 units that don't start on the board is the Bloodthirster and Bloodletters which will drop down and just add to the close combat killiness. This entire army is dedicated to getting into assault ASAP.

I really based this list around the theme of the original Dawn of War game, just thought it would be fun. And all I'm hoping for is a fun game. So I'll let ya'll know how it goes down, and hopefully have some fun pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment